POSTER SPECIFICATIONS BRIEF
POSTER COMPETITION DEADLINE: Thursday 06th May 2021 at 12 p.m
Name of event: Barking and Dagenham Carnival
Date of event: Saturday 10th July 2021
Time: 1:00pm – 6:00pm
Venue: The Barking Learning Centre, 2 Town Square, Barking, IG11 7NB
- Leave a White Sponsors Logo strip at the bottom of the page
- Size: A4 at high resolution 300dpi
- Context: must include that it is a ‘Free Event’
- Please submit two versions of the poster one with text and one without.
- Add UKON Careers Social media platforms
Facebook: UKON Careers
Instagram: UKON Careers
Youtube: UKON Careers
- UKON Website: www.ukoncareers.com
There will be workshops in;
- Steel Pan
- Drumming (Samba)
- Mask Making
- Carnival Headdress
- Creative Thinking
Plus performances list
- Dance performances (soca, afrobeats & hip hop/street)
- Carnival band presentations
- Traditional carnival performances
- Steel Pan Singers
- Samba and African Drumming
- Mini Carnival Parade
- The poster competition is only open to Barking and Dagenham College (BDC) Graphic Design Students, Future M.O.L.D.S and Future Youth Zone and Gascoigne Primary School young people.
- Start date: Monday 26th March 2021
- This Competition welcomes teams of size 2. No more than 2 are accepted.
- Only maximum of 2 entries per person/group.
- Poster artwork should be based upon a Carnival theme. You can refer to our Facebook page for more insight. https://en-gb.facebook.com/ukoncareers/
- All designs must be original artwork only and not based on any existing artwork.
- Images used must only be for competition purposes
- Data relating to entrants will be retained by UKON Careers for a reasonable period after the competition closes to assist UKON Careers to operate the competition in accordance with these rules and to deal with any queries on the competition. Your personal data will not be used to contact you unless you are a winning entrant.
- Submission date Thursday 06th May 11:59 p.m. Submissions made after the deadline will not be accepted.
- Entries must be emailed to email@example.com no other form of submission will be accepted.
- All entries in the body of the accompanying email must include the following details: full name, current course studying, contact number and email address
- It is the responsibility of the submitting student/young person to ensure that the poster will be able to be viewed for judging via the file
- By submitting a poster, students consent for their artwork to be used by UKON Careers for promotional purposes.
- Any personal data relating to entrants will not be disclosed or supplied to any third party.
Poster dimensions and content
- All entries must be no larger than an A4, A4 at high-resolution 300dpi. Electronic entries should be in a Jpeg format and not exceed a file size of 1MB. Entries submitted by email as zipped files cannot be accepted.
- Posters must be presented in English
- Should a poster contain any form of potentially offensive material or be otherwise inappropriate for public display, will be excluded and will take no further part in the competition. The organisers reserve the right to withhold any Projects from public display at their own discretion.
- Panel decisions taking place on 14th May 2021
- The decision of the judges will be final
- Only finalists and the winners will be notified, and this will be done by 14th May 2021
- 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners
- Finalists agree to have their names included in publicity. Winners may be requested to take part in promotional activity.
- The entrant’s artwork will be promoted and used at various venues in the borough, conferences, Barking Library, special events and in electronic format on the internet.
- Prizes will be awarded
- Make sure you meet all the criteria listed above.
- Be as creative as you can!